Creative Photography Society in Maryland/DC area is hosting Bryan Peterson at the Doubletree BWI Airport for a one day seminar! I just read his book, Understanding Exposure, and I can’t wait to learn more in person! Click this link to find out about registering for the workshop on Feb. 8!
I thought that I’d write a post on stock photography for those of you interested in uploading your images for stock. In the beginning, meaning a year and a half ago, I was taking a ton of photos and they just would sit on my computer collecting dust. I wanted to DO something with them so I started uploading my images to stock sites. This was a great way for me to get feedback on what the industry thought was a good image without being “exposed” to negative critique on the world wide web. I didn’t know what I was doing then – now I do.
Stock sites review for composition, correct white balance, noise, and clarity, etc. I didn’t even know what many of these terms meant in the photography world before I started in stock. I get a lot of questions from friends who are getting into photography about shooting for stock. This post is a general overview of how to do it. Continue reading
For all you photographers out there, Smugmug.com is having an amazing promotion for the thanksgiving holiday. Click the link to find out how you can get a discount on a new subscription.
I will be attending this event next week. For all of you photographers who are interested and in the area, this is an excellent post on with tips on how to photograph the bald eagles. Stay tuned for a post with the images I capture!
WHEN TO GO
- Beginning at the end of October through the beginning of January, Bald Eagles are the most plentiful.
- Anytime during the day is great as the action is unpredictable. The lighting quickly fades in the afternoon, quickly turning dark after 4:00 pm, EST.
- Plan on spending many hours standing and waiting for the action of fishing and fighting.
- Check on the Conowingo Dam Release Schedule daily by calling 1-888-457-4076.
- TIP: Get there around 8:00 a.m. The lighting improves and it’s still fairly quiet.
HOW TO GET THERE
Address is: 2569 Shures Landing Road, Darlington, Maryland 21034
From I-95 North/South, Take Exit #89 for Havre de Grace. Head north on Route 155 /…
View original post 563 more words