Today, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by a fellow blogger and photographer, Unfocused Lens. Thank you so much, Unfocused Lens! I graciously accept!
I don’t think that “Liebster” is actually a word, I surmise that it has something to do with the German word “liebe” which means “love” or “freaking awesome blog” in this context.
If you’re not a blogger, then you probably don’t know how much time, energy and planning goes into each post so I am deeply honored to be recognized for this award!
Kudos to me! …and to all my fellow Liebster bloggers!
I love that this award wants you to pay it forward. My nominees for the Liebster award are:
A Glass Half Full – I love Lee’s writing and travel stories from all over the world!
Peter Southland Photography – Great blog for photography tips and reviews. He’s got a cute dog too!
To those I have nominated do not feel pressure to accept, it is optional. I have copied the rules for accepting the Liebster Award below.
THE RULES – What the nominees have to do if they accept the Liebster Award
The main rules associated with the Liebster Award are as follows:
1: Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated;
2: Copy the Liebster logo and paste it onto your own blog;
3: Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their respective blogs;
4: In your blog post about the Liebster Award:
5: Link back to the blogger who nominated you
6: Answer the 11 questions put to you by the person who nominated you
7: List 11 random facts about yourself
8: Nominate, and link to other blogs which you enjoy and which have fewer than 500 followers
9: List 11 questions for your nominees.
ANSWERS TO 11 QUESTIONS POSED TO ME:
- What fictional Christmas character would you like to be? Why? Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer because he is a leader.
- What was your first job? I was one of those annoying people at the mall with a clipboard asking you to take a marketing survey.
- What motivated you to start a blog? My husband and I were going to travel the world. We ran into a roadblock and couldn’t go. I needed a place to memorialize the dream and anchor the hope of realizing it one day.
- What is your favorite candy? Chewy fruity candy like starbursts or skittles.
- What is your opinion of reality T.V. shows? Love it but selectively. RHOC rules!
- What is your largest fear in life? Being stuck without any options.
- Team Jacob or Edward? Edward
- What is your pet peeve with WordPress? Not being able to figure out how to correct a computer glitch.
- What is your best and worst qualities? I’m very loyal. I don’t have a lot of patience.
- Did you believe in Santa Claus when you were a child? Yes.
- How do you prefer to learn about world news — through the internet? through the television? through a newspaper or magazine? Through my husband showing me articles he’s read and thinks I should know about.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1) I love to read mystery books.
2) I am the only person in my family that doesn’t wear glasses but…I don’t hear very well.
3) If my dog was human, he’d be a criminal.
4) I have travelled to over 30 countries.
5) I fell in love with my husband on our first date.
6) I love writing this blog!
7) I don’t understand Photoshop.
8) I cuss a lot.
9) I am a licensed manicurist but still go out and get my nails done.
10) I have a pretty awesome camp on Clash of Clans.
11) I love to learn….my current obsession is photography!
11 QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
1) What is the one favorite experience you’ve had in your life?
2) How did you get your start in photography/writing?
3) What is your favorite book?
4) What is your favorite travel destination and why?
5) Why do you blog?
6) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
7) What is your one special talent?
8) Are you a dog or cat person?
9) When you are not shooting or writing, what do you like to do?
10) What do you think of bucketlists?
11) Are you enjoying answering all these questions?
Enjoy and thanks again for the nomination!