For all you photographers out there, Smugmug.com is having an amazing promotion for the thanksgiving holiday. Click the link to find out how you can get a discount on a new subscription.
I will be attending this event next week. For all of you photographers who are interested and in the area, this is an excellent post on with tips on how to photograph the bald eagles. Stay tuned for a post with the images I capture!
WHEN TO GO
- Beginning at the end of October through the beginning of January, Bald Eagles are the most plentiful.
- Anytime during the day is great as the action is unpredictable. The lighting quickly fades in the afternoon, quickly turning dark after 4:00 pm, EST.
- Plan on spending many hours standing and waiting for the action of fishing and fighting.
- Check on the Conowingo Dam Release Schedule daily by calling 1-888-457-4076.
- TIP: Get there around 8:00 a.m. The lighting improves and it’s still fairly quiet.
HOW TO GET THERE
Address is: 2569 Shures Landing Road, Darlington, Maryland 21034
From I-95 North/South, Take Exit #89 for Havre de Grace. Head north on Route 155 /…
View original post 563 more words
Amidst organic coffee shops, trendy restaurants, and community gardens in a quiet gentrified Philadelphia neighborhood looms the ruin of what was once a revolution in architecture and public institutions in America. The Eastern State Penitentiary stands today as a symbol of corporal punishment, spiritual reflection and change. Amongst the crumbling, rust-stained walls of tiny skylit cellblocks lies a haunting story of punishment, solitude and isolation. Continue reading